Thank you for your interest in participating with Transitional Youth!
Here’s what you need to do prior to joining us:
- Please download this Volunteer Application.
- Fill it out and mail it to us:
1500 NW 167th Place
Beaverton OR 97006
You may also print it, fill it out, scan it, and e-mail it to Jason Craft at email@example.com. Please note that the application is not a live, online process.
If you are a minor, you must have your parents sign and date an authorization form prior to your service.
Here are the volunteer positions that we’d love for you to fill:
- Prayer partners
- Church liaisons/prayer sponsors (Please ask for more information.)
(An interview and criminal background check are required.)
- Life-skills: group instructors
- Outreach: food service, clothing, mentors, retreats
- In-home Bible study: leaders committing to 1-2 hours weekly
- Respite houseparents
- Building trades: carpentry, electrical, plumbing
- Grounds work: gardening, mowing, trimming
- Recreational special activity days for residents, to provide exposure to hobbies, arts and crafts, or cultural experiences
- Handyperson: minor household repairs
- Appliance repair
- Automotive repair
- Medical and dental professional services
Volunteer Ideas for Groups:
- Have a food/sock/backpack/toiletry/dog-food drive.
- Hold a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to Transitional Youth.
- On occasion, we need group help with home renovation projects.
- On occasion, we also have outdoor yard-work needs.
- Help with holiday activities: special meals, shopping assistance, party planning, gift-bag assembly, cookie baking.
- Banquet: table hosts, sponsorship team, decorating, publicity
- Golf tournament
- Paintball tournament
- Call center during radio-thons
If you don’t see an opportunity listed in your area of gifting, please let us know!