Thank you for your interest in participating with Transitional Youth!
Here’s what you need to do prior to joining us:
- Please download this Volunteer Application.
- Fill it out and mail it to us:
1500 NW 167th Place
Beaverton OR 97006
You may also print it, fill it out, scan it, and e-mail it to Rhona Mahl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the application is not a live, online process.
If you are a minor, you must have your parents sign and date an authorization form prior to your service.
Transitional Youth also has all new volunteers attend the next available quarterly training. Please contact Rhona Mahl at email@example.com for information on upcoming training sessions and other volunteer-related services.
Here are the volunteer positions that we’d love for you to fill:
- Prayer partners
- Church liaisons/prayer sponsors (Please ask for more information.)
(An interview and criminal background check are required.)
- Life-skills: group instructors
- Outreach: food service, clothing, mentors, retreats
- In-home Bible study: leaders committing to 1-2 hours weekly
- Respite houseparents
- Building trades: carpentry, electrical, plumbing
- Grounds work: gardening, mowing, trimming
- Recreational special activity days for residents, to provide exposure to hobbies, arts and crafts, or cultural experiences
- Handyperson: minor household repairs
- Appliance repair
- Automotive repair
- Medical and dental professional services
Volunteer Ideas for Groups:
- Have a food/sock/backpack/toiletry/dog-food drive.
- Hold a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to Transitional Youth.
- On occasion, we need group help with home renovation projects.
- On occasion, we also have outdoor yard-work needs.
- Help with holiday activities: special meals, shopping assistance, party planning, gift-bag assembly, cookie baking.
- Banquet: table hosts, sponsorship team, decorating, publicity
- Golf tournament
- Paintball tournament
- Call center during radio-thons
If you don’t see an opportunity listed in your area of gifting, please let us know!